We offer the best exterminating services in tri-state area which is New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
Varied Carpet Beetle
A varied carpet beetle is a common household pest, approximately 1/16- to 1/8-inch long and oval with white and yellow-brown scales. The larvae form of the varied carpet beetle is approximately 3/16-to ¼ inch long, and is covered with a pattern of dark and light brown strips.
It also has 3 pairs of hair tufts along its rear abdomen that extend outwards in defense when they are disturbed. They can damage various items like furniture, clothing, blankets, furs, and carpets.
A female varied carpet beetle produces around 40 eggs in its lifetime, that hatch in around 10-20 days to give larvae, which develop into varied carpet beetle. The female varied beetle lays down its eggs at dark, closed spaces like in the closet, under the furniture and other such places. It is the larvae that are produced from these eggs that cause damage to the items by feeding on them. They also feed on insects, hence they are a threat to insect specimens in museums.
Owing to the variety of materials they feed on, that are available in households like carpets, woolens, leather, silk and so on, they can cause damage to all these items, rendering them useless or unappealing. Thus they become a nuisance in the house and it becomes necessary to exterminate them.
How to Prevent Damage
- It is important to identify infestation for getting rid of varied carpet beetle. If you find any fecal pellets, shed skins of larva and holes in fabrics, it is an indication of infestation of carpet beetles.
- Regular cleaning is helpful in preventing infestation, as the eggs are removed, thus preventing the increasing numbers of the carpet beetles.
- If there are any abandoned bird nest or insect nests, remove them as they can attract carpet beetles.
- Placing nephthaline balls may help, but do not breathe in the closed spaces. Also they can be dangerous if they come in contact with food materials.
- Call professionals if things go beyond your control.
We emphasize on using green methods to exterminate varied carpet beetles that are both very effective as well as environment friendly.
Request Free Consultation
"The ants in my garden had really become a nuisance for me. When one of my friends told me about NYGreenEco, I called them to have a look on the garden and offer a solution. They cooked up a customized solution to help me get rid of the miscreants. The way they work is really amazing!"