We offer the best exterminating services in tri-state area which is New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
Termites are pests that can cause heavy damage to unprotected buildings and other wooden structures, due to their wood eating habit. Moreover, they may not remain limited to wood.
They can also damage paper, cloth, carpets and any other material causing great damage to your furniture, the items in your house and even to the building over time. Termites are responsible for great damage to many structures in the US that costs millions of dollars.
The winged caste, also referred to as the reproductive caste that consists of male and female termites are dark brown to black in color and about 3/8-inch long. They have brownish gray wings which are larger than their body and small pore on their heads. The workers on the other hand are white in colour and are wingless with straight antennae and bodies. The soldiers, like the workers have white bodies but are larger with light orange heads.
Termites are social insects that are divided into castes and live in large colonies. There are three castes ; the reproductives who are responsible for laying eggs and increasing the family of termites, the workers who are the largest in number and are responsible for feeding the reproductives and the soldiers who protect the colonies from predators like ants.
How to Prevent Damage
- Since termites thrive on moist soil, the first step should be to eliminate moist soil near your home.
- Target the standing water in and around your house and get rid of it completely.
- If you have crawl spaces under foundations, place polyethylene films there. They will serve as a moisture resistant between the soil and sub-floor framing.
- Ensure that the foundation wall vents have good cross-ventilation. This will help keep the crawl spaces as dry as possible.
- Maintain a good draining system. Slope all exterior grades away from wood structures.
- Prune the plants that are close to your. This will help prevent moisture and mold buildup on walls.
We emphasize on using green methods to exterminate termites that are both very effective as well as environment friendly.
Request Free Consultation
"The ants in my garden had really become a nuisance for me. When one of my friends told me about NYGreenEco, I called them to have a look on the garden and offer a solution. They cooked up a customized solution to help me get rid of the miscreants. The way they work is really amazing!"