We offer the best exterminating services in tri-state area which is New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
Springtails are tiny insects frequently found in leaf litter and other decaying material. These insects are primarily detritivores and microbivores, one of the biological agents responsible for the control and the dissemination of soil microorganisms. These are well known as pests of several agricultural crops. As they don't breed inside homes, they are bound to perish. However, if they are great in numbers, you need more immediate solutions.
Springtails are tiny insects with no wings, and a distinctive head with long antennae. They get their name from a forked appendage attached to the end of the abdomen. Females lay their eggs in moist areas. The young undergo five to ten molts before they become adults. Developmental time is two to three months, and, occasionally, as long as two years. They reside in leaf litter, mulch, potted plants, railroad ties, firewood, landscape timbers, etc.
Many species of these insects invade human colonies, when their living area becomes too dry and they need moist atmosphere. In homes, springtails can be found in sinks and basins, floor drains, moldy furniture, and in the soil of potted plants, feeding on decaying organic matter, algae, and fungi. If their growth is not controlled, they can just become a nuisance.
How to Prevent Damage
- Washing home with soap and water is the basic way to get rid of springtails. The frothy mixture drowns torrents of springtails.
- Vinegar, being a highly acidic liquid, burns through the pests exteriors. Use vinegar with water to make it deadly for the pests.
- Use bleach with water to flood the pests' source. It would eliminate the pests.
- Improve ventilation in your house. Maintaining a cool temperature inside the house and apply insulation on the ceiling. Springtails will eventually shift to some other place.
- Call professionals if things go out of control.
We emphasize on using green methods to exterminate springtails that are both very effective as well as environment friendly.
Request Free Consultation
"The ants in my garden had really become a nuisance for me. When one of my friends told me about NYGreenEco, I called them to have a look on the garden and offer a solution. They cooked up a customized solution to help me get rid of the miscreants. The way they work is really amazing!"