We offer the best exterminating services in tri-state area which is New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
These ants love to live in pavement cracks, hence the name. They typically reside in the eastern half of the United States, California and Washington. Pavement ant colonies have on an average 3,000 to 4,000 members with several queens. Outdoors, you can see pavement ants nesting beneath mulch, landscaping, stones and logs, and also along curbs.
These pests are active foragers who set up trails along baseboards, beneath the edges of carpets, beneath toilets and other areas within a structure. Pavement ants feed on a variety of foods, including grease, sweets, seeds and dead insects. Any food dropped on the floor in households is quickly gulped by pavement ants. They also feast on the honeydew produced by aphids and are an occasional pest of vegetable gardens.
During early spring, pavement ant colonies attempt to conquer new areas and often attack nearby enemy colonies. This behavior results in huge sidewalk battles, sometimes leaving thousands of ants dead. Their aggressive nature helps them invade and colonize seemingly impenetrable areas. During summer, these ants dig out the sand in between the pavements to make their nests. Like other ants pavement ant colonies have the workers and queens who are twice as large as the workers.
How to Prevent Damage
- Scrub your kitchen, making sure there are no food spills, crumbs of bread or anything else for the ants to eat.
- Pour some bleach down the drain to remove any food smell that might attract ants.
- Clean the kitchen counters with bleach or a water-vinegar mixture every day.
- Store food items in the refrigerator, or in air-tight containers.
- Do not keep the containers of food on the floor.
- Never leave dirty dishes sitting out. Wash dishes before you go to sleep.
- Call professionals if things go beyond your control.
We emphasize on using green methods to exterminate pavement ants that are both very effective as well as environment friendly.
Request Free Consultation
"The ants in my garden had really become a nuisance for me. When one of my friends told me about NYGreenEco, I called them to have a look on the garden and offer a solution. They cooked up a customized solution to help me get rid of the miscreants. The way they work is really amazing!"