We offer the best exterminating services in tri-state area which is New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
Millepedes are creeping creatures that live in litter and soil. There are thousands of different types of millipede but they have at least one part in common - they have got numerous legs! They use these legs to push the soil to move forward. They like to feed on decaying plant substance.
These are brown or black creatures. However, several millepedes are orange or red too. There are several species of the creatures, most of which are cylindrical, multi-segmented creatures. They breathe through two pairs of spiracles. Each spiracle opens into an internal pouch, and connects to a tracheae system. Their heart runs the entire length of the body, with an aorta stretching into the head. The excrete through two pairs of malpighian tubules, which are near the mid-part of the gut.
Most millipede types are herbivorous, and feed on decomposing vegetation or organic matter mixed with soil. However, some millipedes are carnivorous too, feeding on insects and centipedes, or on earthworms. Male millipedes can be differentiated from the females by the one or two pairs of legs modified into gonopods. As for the reproduction, the female lay eggs which later develop as millepedes. The young hatch after a few weeks of laying eggs, and typically have only three pairs of legs, followed by legless segments. As they grow, they continue adding further segments and legs
How to Prevent Damage
- Seal up all the cracks and small holes that might allow millipedes inside your home.
- Keep your home dry. Millipede prefer moisture. Reduce the moisture in your basement, storage areas, garage etc to reduce the number of millipedes.
- Millipedes gather in garden mulch, compost heaps and wood piles. So clean these things up.
- If you find millipedes lying around or crawling around, get a broom and dustpan and sweep them up. Collect them in a bag and destroy them.
- Call professionals if things go beyond your control.
We emphasize on using green methods to exterminate Millipedes that are both very effective as well as environment friendly.
Request Free Consultation
"The ants in my garden had really become a nuisance for me. When one of my friends told me about NYGreenEco, I called them to have a look on the garden and offer a solution. They cooked up a customized solution to help me get rid of the miscreants. The way they work is really amazing!"