We offer the best exterminating services in tri-state area which is New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
Little Black Ants
Little black ants, common throughout the world, are small and dark brown, black or jet-black in color. In the United States, these ants are mainly found in California, Illinois, Maryland, Missouri, Oregon and Washington. They usually eat sweet substances but can eat almost anything including meat, eggs, oils and fats.
When foraging for food, these ants leave pheromone trails everywhere they go, thus ensuring that they do not visit the same area looking for food.
These ants are social creatures, preferring to live in colonies which are moderately sized to large, containing up to 2,000 workers and many queens. Little black ants have highly adaptive nesting habits. Their nests can be found in the soil in open areas of lawns or under stones, bricks, wood and logs. In buildings. They can make nests in woodwork, wall voids, masonry, and under carpets. They can invade nearly every crack and crevice.
Little black ant swarms are common from June to August, during which mating takes place and queens form new colonies. Newly established ant colonies grow rapidly. While their little size makes it difficult to see little black ants, their nests can be located by following the trail of a worker ant back to its colony.
How to Prevent Damage
- These ants can be controlled by limited insecticide applications or the use of baits.
- Outdoor ant colonies can be treated with a residual insecticide by drenching the nest sites, using a compressed sprayer.
- For treating nests in wall voids. inject aerosol through cracks and crevices and around baseboards.
- If you are unable to locate the nests, toxic baits can be effective when placed on foraging trails.
- Call professionals if things go beyond your control.
We emphasize on using green methods to exterminate little black ants that are both very effective as well as environment friendly.
Request Free Consultation
"The ants in my garden had really become a nuisance for me. When one of my friends told me about NYGreenEco, I called them to have a look on the garden and offer a solution. They cooked up a customized solution to help me get rid of the miscreants. The way they work is really amazing!"