We offer the best exterminating services in tri-state area which is New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
Furniture Carpet Beetle
A furniture carpet beetle is a common upholstered furniture pest, about 1/16- to 1/8-inch long, oval and usually black in color with yellow and white markings on the back. The color patterns may vary though. The furniture carpet beetle is recognized by its scales that are round or oval.
The furniture carpet beetle can do a considerable damage to the furniture of the house, and hence becomes necessary to exterminate.
An adult female produces around 30-100 eggs, which hatch in 9-19 days to give larvae, that develop into furniture carpet beetles. The whole process of development of an egg into an adult takes around 90 days to up to two years.
The furniture carpet beetle is commonly found in furniture, hence the name furniture carpet beetle. It feeds on the hair, padding, and upholstery of furniture and materials like carpet, fur, horns, and silk. Cotton, linen, rayon, and jute may be attacked sometimes, if they are soiled. Adult furniture carpet beetle may also feed on the pollen from flowers.
Apart from damaging the furniture, carpet and many such items, they may also cause allergy among individuals coming in touch with their cast skin or dust. Thus, it is essential to detect their presence and exterminate them.
How to Prevent Damage
- The furniture should be thoroughly checked for signs of any infestation. It will help in preventing further infestation and protecting the furniture by taking the necessary action.
- There can be nothing better than regular cleaning of the furniture, to remove any eggs present and prevent infestation.
- Professional dry cleaning and cold storage would be helpful in cleaning the infested materials and preventing further infestation.
- Do not use pesticides yourself as it may damage the furniture.
- Call professionals if things go beyond your control..
We emphasize on using green methods to exterminate furniture carpet beetles that are both very effective as well as environment friendly.
Request Free Consultation
"The ants in my garden had really become a nuisance for me. When one of my friends told me about NYGreenEco, I called them to have a look on the garden and offer a solution. They cooked up a customized solution to help me get rid of the miscreants. The way they work is really amazing!"